Identifying optimization solutions for production processes
Using analytical tools to understand and improve current methods and processes in production
Thesis project description
- Analysis of the initial problem, including indications from the problem’s context.
- Formulation of a specific problem which is well documented and argued, supported by data and claims, expressing an anomaly, a paradox, a contrast or a contradiction, including established (performance) criteria. The problem should also contain a goal which is to be achieved by the answers or solutions proposed later in the project. The problem formulation should cover any limitations and assumptions which are made during the analysis and the synthesis parts of the project.
- Description of the methods used during the problem analysis and solution identification. The methods could be already known or developed specifically for the purpose of the project. They should ensure trustworthiness of the analysis and the solution.
- Presentation of the analysis and the results obtained, as well as their evaluation.
- Presentation of solution (proposal) which could eventually be tested or a plan for its implementation could be elaborated.
- Evaluation of the solution and implementation (proposal) in relation to the established (performance) criteria.
- Reflections on the results and solutions in relation to the limitations and the assumptions made.
- Conclusion including interpretation of the results and the implications of the findings and the solutions.
Managerial value of the research
I believe i could have a great impact in the prodction industry since I can give a new insight and an innovating solution.
Research topic motivation
I have always been in love with optimazing productiong processes.
This has been an interest of mine since studying at DTU where I have worked with several different companies.
This is what I want to work with going forward. The industry is ever-evolving, which is what makes it super exciting and I get to work with the latest research and findings which is very motivating.
Why collaborate with us
I have always loved optimizing and innovating, therefore my motivation to learn is unique. I have great experience with finding great solutions for companies in many different fields. My insight and my passion is therefore a great benefit. Moreover I am a extremely sociable guy and have never had a company who disliked me.
10 to 12 weeks.
Collaboration start date
Collaboration end date
Number of student
Interested in a collaboration?
Project Researcher #1
Want access to all researcher profiles and project proposals?
Become an Excelerate Explorer Company and browse all researcher profiles and project collaboration proposals on Excelerate – no hidden fees.
- Researcher bio
- Hardskills & softskills
- Student CV
- Work experience
Project collaboration proposals
- Project description
- Managerial value
- Collaboration pitch
- Attached researcher profiles
Want to see more project proposals like this one?